<VV> A/C install

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 19 12:15:39 EST 2010

About half of all side bezels I've come across I have to deem unfit for
rechroming. Barring surface scratches (which can be sanded out), I reject
bezels for large chunks broken out (including the catch tabs) and pulled
screw holes. Small chips and cracks can be super-glued and/or JBWeld
repaired. But pulled screw holes are all but impossible to satisfactorily
repair. Then too, just how much effort do you want to put into salvaging
them?

Bear in mind that even the smallest of flaws will show up like a jackhammer
had hit it, once it's chromed. Thus the surface has to be absolutely,
flawlessly smooth and unblemished. Same is true with anything that gets
chromed, whether it's plastic or metal.

-Mark