<VV> (no subject)

chris mann cfmann at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 13:44:27 EST 2010

when i bought my 69 monza it came to me without a steering wheel, steering columns and steering box.
The PO decided he did not want to me have the telescopic :-(
I have since retrieved one (non-telescopic) and am attempting to reassembly the shaft to the "knuckle" and the steering box.
On my other 69 (as I use it for visual reference) there is some black tape wrapping the "knuckle".
The "knuckle" is the metal cover that protects the bearing blocks and spring with grease.
What kind of black tape or mastic should I consider? Have referenced the vendors and found nothing suggested/offered?
-chris mann