<VV> Corvair parts on e-bay

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sat Feb 20 09:59:34 EST 2010

I've never had that happen to me before when asking a question on e-bay. And
I have, several times.
I would venture to guess that some kind of virus has infiltrated your
computer as e-bay NEVER asks for social security info. Then again, maybe
e-bay has been infiltrated with a virus as well.
Be very careful here!

Gary Swiatowy

From: "Clark Hartzel" <chartzel at comcast.net>
Subject: <VV> Corvair parts on eBay

In the last few days I have tried to "ask a question" about some parts
on eBay and, after the usual "sign-in" process, a screen pops up wanting
my social security number and credit card information.  Is this a scam
or what?  I don't see why eBay would need this info to let me ask a
question about something for sale.  As long as I have a valid name and
password that should be enough.  Have others had the same situation?
Clark Hartzel