<VV> Lube electric plug WAS i give up

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Sun Feb 21 07:49:36 EST 2010

My suggestion would be to lube with Windex.  It drys up and goes away quickly and unlike petroleum based materials it will not deteriorate the plug.
Ken P

on my 64 coupe , i put the grommet in first with a LIGHT dose of  vaseline
on the opening , then the plug. the grommet was warmed up with a hair  dryer.
i used vaseline on a lot of the grommets that were being  stubborn.  seemed
to help a lot. if reusing old stuff , a little  warmth helps also.
regards,