<VV> Gages Cluster conversion from Monza to Corsa

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 21 17:19:56 EST 2010

Russell, don't give up on the Corsa dash in your automatic car. It's not as
difficult to wire up as it sounds. I've done it before. And the automatic
shifter isn't a problem anymore either.

Just for everyone's info, I'm supplying Clark's with the automatic floor
shift conversion kit. It's designed to be used in both early and late cars,
and will be available in two versions.

The Universal kit will not have a gear indicator, while the Early-only kit
will. The difference is that the Universal kit moves the neutral safety
switch into the tunnel and makes electrical connections with a pigtail. The
Early-only kit (when used in an early car) uses the existing mechanism, but
modifies it. It's operated with a secondary cable, so you still have the
neutral safety switch and gear indicator in the dash.

Don't be mislead by the name "Early-only" kit, as it can also be used in a
late model in the same manner. The only thing is that you have to be
innovative enough to turn a '65-6 shifter into a pointer, or make some
other similar arrangement.

The neat thing about this kit is that it also opens you up to using a Corsa
dash in a car with an automatic. Use the Universal kit for this application.

It also makes a manual-to-automatic conversion of a vehicle easier, and
possibly less expensive. With it, you don't have to replace the carpet, cut
a hole in the dash or get a new dash, or rewire or replace the under-dash
harness. All you do is change the body harness to an automatic harness, and
tap into it. Then use your existing dash, under-dash harness, carpet, and
shift lever with the kit.

If anyone has questions, feel free to ask me. I designed the kit, using an
Ansen kit as the inspiration. The Ansen kit was only applicable to early
cars, so I had to redesign it for lates, and for better adaptability to
other applications.

Universal kits are now available from Clark's and Early-only kits will also
soon be available. We're in the final stage of developing the secondary
cable, and should have it available within weeks.

-Mark

Communique -

> > not sure.  I'm only talking about modifying (cutting a hole in the
dash)
> > here.
> >
> > Anyway - you would also need to run some wires to the rear - one for
the
> > tach - attaches at the coil and one for the head temp for which you
will
> > also need a thermistor (the sending unit).  You also need a vacuum line
> > make the "boost" gauge work - but it will never show anything above
ZERO on