<VV> Strut Rod/Brake Reaction Rod Question

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Mon Feb 22 16:51:52 EST 2010

Strut Rod/Brake Reaction rod /castor control rod:

Some are bare where two bolts go down into lower control arm and others have a heavy stamped metal strip and uses splined bolts. The heavy metal strip does not extend to the end of the strut rod and seems to serve no purpose (that I can see).

My '66 steering arm does not hit the raised portion at full lock. It does hit the end of the strut/brake reaction rod.

Which versions are used where? And what is raised metal portion for?

Chuck S
BBRT