<VV> Generator nut

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 19:10:10 EST 2010

All good advice. But to remove the nut once you do determine which thread,
left or right, use a impact air gun to spin off the nut. It took a half a
second on my 62 generator. I wrapped a rag around the armature to protect my
hand as I held it and gently tapped the nut with the air gun and socket.

FYI. I found the fan end generator plate cracked around the bearing opening
in the housing after I got it off and disassembled/cleaned. The unit is
still sitting on the shelf, bit the bullet and put a alternator on it the
car.
Of any pb on my 62 I had as a college kid in the 60's and early 70's, it was
the generator. It broke mounts, it shorted out and burnt up all the wiring,
it stranded us several times when cell phones did not exist, so, I removed
the problem.
Mark Durham