<VV> Tele column

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 23 08:14:05 EST 2010

For me, with my body "configuration" and size, it's a big deal. The stock
LM steering wheel position is about 2" too close to the dash, and as a
result it sits too low. I have to do a kind of a leg limbada under the
steering wheel in order to enter and exit the car. With a tele column car,
I move the steering wheel towards me about 2" and then I don't have to do
the leg limbada to get in and out. Sure, it never gets moved from that
position, since I'm the only one driving the car. But for me, those 2"
makes all the difference in the world.

One other case also makes a tele column desirable. The guy I swapped that
'67 column (the one the Corvette guy was absolutely SURE he was going to
get from me) to is a HUGE guy, and his wife is a little bit of a thing. So
they DEFINATELY needed it.

Hope this helps you understand, that for some people, it's a really
desirable, sometimes necessary, option.

-Mark