<VV> protecting Corvair worth, was: arrogance WAS

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 12:36:48 EST 2010

From: Crawford Rose < crawfordrose at msn.com >
Subject: Re: <VV> protecting Corvair worth, was: arrogance WAS
        telecolumn
"Be aware that exchanging columns is a complex conversion............ "
Crawford

I'm one of those guys that took a tele-column out of my Corvair.

Jim Dodd gave me a 68 140 PG Monza that he got from his boss at a Chevy dealer where he was the Parts Manager. The car had been used by all of the owners kids as their first car and always handed down to the next child. It also had tinted glass all around, AM-FM Stereo and a tele-column.

One year, the NJ State Inspection failed me for a non-cancelling directional switch. Not being able to locate the switch and needing to get through inspection, I took out the tele-column swapping it for a standard column and gave Jim the tele-column, since he gave me the car years before.

Of course my son Mike didn't like to see that, as he always used the tele-column when he got into the car. Without a tele-column, he would bang his knee on the steering wheel, but he would return it to the down position when driving the car.

Nice car, wish I still had it. Oh yes, to swap steering columns was a piece of cake.

Roy - Bayshore