<VV> Greed WAS arrogance WAS tele column

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 26 10:49:42 EST 2010

You are assuming that a Corvair person would merely sit it on a shelf.
That's not my thoughts at all. The REAL question should be, "which is
worse, a Corvette guy buying that rare part and putting it on his car, or a
Corvair collector that would buy that same part to put it on his car?" THAT
is the crux of my arguement.

-Mark

putting it on his car or one of the Corvair parts collectors that would buy
that same part to put in their collection, never to be used or even seen
again?  To me, that is real greed and I, in the past, have refused to sell
a couple of somewhat rare parts to a part collector.

> Ken P

> airvair at earthlink.net wrote:
>
> I of course am in no way contemptuous of ALL Corvette owners. I like
> Corvettes, too. Wouldn't mind having one or two, if only I had money like
> Bill Harrah did. But I don't.
>
> It's just those people who disrespect Corvair parts, and owners, to the
> point that is illustrated by those who are so willing to remove from
> Corvair use some very rare parts, just to satisfy their own greed. And
THAT
> is pure callous, disrespectful arrogance by anybody's standards. If a
> Corvette person is truely a car lover, he wouldn't do that. A true car
> lover respects EVERYbody's cars and will leave others' rare parts alone.
And THAT is