<VV> Column-less Corvairs

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Fri Feb 26 12:51:02 EST 2010

Back a few years ago a fellow gave me a very nice 1965
Monza sport sedan. It was yellow with black interior and
was complete except for the missing tele steering column.
I'm sure the column was saved either for his Corvette or a
buddy's Vette. Anyway, the car was free. Just haul it
away. We used a trailer since controlling the car's
direction was difficult at best.

I installed a select-used non-tele column and gear box and
then enjoyed driving my freebieVair around town. Clark
Hartzel and I even installed a trailer hitch on it and
used it to haul away the dead carcass of a 1974 Pontiac
Ventua II that Clark was stripping for hot rod parts.

I don't remember who I sold it to but it was a complete,
functional car and I hope they had many miles of driving
pleasure in that very nice late model four door hardtop
sedan. - Pete K