<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 61, Issue 100

Phil Brandt f111a at austin.rr.com
Fri Feb 26 14:40:25 EST 2010

Re: Pete Koehler's "Sacrificing a Corvair for a Corvette"......Howabout
sacrificing (traded a UPS delivery guy straight across) a registered,
running, fully operational '93 Deville for a real, non-running (broken
4-spd) , improperly-engined(110, naturally!)-but-straight-and-clean '63
Spyder convert? Yours truly did this about four years ago, and the Spyder's
still awaiting its completely rebuilt --been done and test run for, oh, at
least ten years--'66 block w/140 heads, modified early turbo and late
4-speed. Even though I've owned some eighteen Vairs since 1966, gotta say,
as a senior citizen, current C-4 Vette owner, that I'd sacrifice one of the
two remaining Vairs for a nicely-priced Z06.

Phil Brandt
Austin, TX