<VV> steering now Corvair repair for professionals only

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Feb 26 18:07:07 EST 2010

I reject your argument!

Changing out a steering column from one car to another if both columns are
correct for the year, is a couple of bolts and a wiring harness plug job.

Now if you are changing from one year column style to another, then you do
have the floor pan problem. Not impossible to overcome, but it is a lot
more work.

Mark was talking taking out a 1969 standard column and installing a 1969
telescopic column, etc. Piece of cake.

If we all shied away from difficult conversions, why are we interested in
old cars anyway? Speaking of Larry and other Corvair repair professionals,
guess how they learned? The School Of Hard Knocks! You learn by doing, just
don't let the mistakes be fatal.

To each his own, and people shouldn't exceed their ability, and safety
first. But with your attitude Virtual Vairs should shut down as people
actually discuss working on cars here. Well, that is after the early vs
late discussion. Even hot/cold valve adjusting is working on a Corvair!
Call the lawyers, I might be burned with hot oil if I adjust them hot...
ggg

Frank DuVal

Skinned Knuckles are a sign of work in progress