<VV> VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 61, Issue 102

Cliff cliff at tibweb.com
Fri Feb 26 20:15:26 EST 2010

Bob, with regard to your questions about why a 140 and not a turbo, 110,
etc.

I cannot speak for Seth, but I have an idea why this might be of value.
Most of the racers and performance enthusiasts that will be at the CPW,
begin with a 140. To be sure they are highly modified and some have the big
bore setup and much more.  I think the purpose of the bone stock 140 is to
give the racers a baseline for comparison.  And since this is a drive on
dyno, the numbers Chevrolet produced back in the sixties are largely
meaningless.  The fact of the matter is it would probably be nice to have a
couple of stock 140's so as to get an average and then go from there with
the big boys.

Just my 82 cents (adjusted for inflation)

Cliff Tibbitts
66 Bone Stock 140 Monza, (well worn)