<VV> Corvette vs. Corvair

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Feb 27 00:57:32 EST 2010

In a message dated 2/26/2010 12:15:06 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
airvair at earthlink.net writes:

Corvette- type people who hold the "factory-only" ideology are, in  the long
run, actually doing more harm than good, and not getting the full  enjoyment
from their vehicles in the bargain. In my opinion they have  missed the
boat.

-Mark

Hey Mark - If it is any consolation to you, the number of Corvette  owners
who are actually that Anal retentive is very small. Yes they are vocal  and
over covered in the "Car" media. But I know a lot of Corvette owners - (and
I am one as well) most just drive their cars. Some modify them, some don't.
My  boss at work has two Corvettes, a 66 big-block convertible and a 2005
convertible. He replaces failed parts on his 66 with as close to stock as
available. But the car is not restored. He just drove it from near new
(mid-67),  currently 100K + miles. His 2005 just turned over 8000 miles. It is, of
 course, totally stock. (on it's third battery though-grin!) He would never
 consider adding the telescoping column from a Corvair - or another
Corvette to  his 66. I think we are safe from most Corvette owners.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette