<VV> Muffler Heat Shields

Marc Marcoulides hharpo at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 28 14:13:29 EST 2010

I have been able to eliminate the necessity for heat shields on both sides of my 140. What I did was take 2 of the smaller mufflers (resonators)at the end of the tailpipes on a big Buick from early 1970's. I had exhaust pipes fabricated so these smaller mufflers could be mounted out and rearward from the engine. I did this because I wanted to go to the cast aluminum valve covers. The net result is a little louder than stock and a little quieter than glaspacs. It was also necessary to fabricate a rear hanger on each side. Just my 2 cents, and a special thanks to Bob for using the word: trapazoid (am headed for my dictionary now)