<VV> "trailer queens" vs. drivers

Mike Kost vairmike at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 2 20:58:17 EST 2010

Like several have indicated there is a big difference between a true
"Trailer Queen" and a trailered car. I have trailered my car to every
convention except my first. (Syracuse). After loosing a wheel bearing
from overloading the trunk and getting stranded in the middle of nowhere
I decided I travel too heavy to drive my car to another convention. I
have only entered a few concourse but have always autocrossed
competitively and usually do the econorun and rally. I also trailer to
local autocrosses so that I don't get stranded if I break something
going all out. I also understand why a concourse participant would
rather do most of their detailing at home rather than on the show field.
Using my open trailer would do very little to reduce the at show cleanup
if I were going to a show but it sure reduces the at track work when
going to an autocross.

Mike Kost
SMCC