<VV> "drivers"

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Jan 3 15:33:59 EST 2010

At 02:00 PM 1/3/2010, J R Read_HML wrote:
>Check the two bolts that hold the starter in place to be certain they are
>tight.

Put some brushes in the starter a while back, went back on tight and
snug.   It displays none of the loud starter-ringgear racket typical
of the "loose starter syndrome", BTDT.  ;)

Only does this stunt when it's very cold.

>Get the car to a warm place and put some epoxy on your tank leak.
>
>Later, JR

I am NOT gonna be draining everything and removing that tank again,
not in this weather.   First weekend with anything even resembling
warm weather (relatively speaking) I'm picking up one side of the car
with a big engine hoist to slosh fuel to one side to uncover the
leaky spot, wash down with acetone, then it's a silver-dollar size
piece of fiberglass mat saturated with JB Weld covered up with a
couple pieces of gaffer tape to keep it all in place til it cures up.

I may hang a hair dryer on it to help things along.    That oughta do
it...  it better do it.

tony..