<VV> GM Help needed, possible Corvair related

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Tue Jan 5 17:02:56 EST 2010

Grant,
What's the charging voltage on the system at engine speeds above idle?  Plug in a voltmeter (or DMM set on DC voltage range) into the cigarette lighter socket.   If it's not above 13 volts, then you're not charging the battery and the "gen" light is responding correctly.  If it reads above 14 volts, then the charging is probably OK, but the mechanism turning on the light is faulty.
Frank Burkhard