<VV> Interesting talk round the Campfire

kaczmarek at charter.net kaczmarek at charter.net
Thu Jan 7 11:58:04 EST 2010

Surprising what you can hear.  Yesterday I heard round the campfire that Allen Bristow took Scott Morehead's place on the Board.

I've known Allen over 20 years, beginning when I joined Tidewater CC.  Past Chapter Pres., Past Director, Past CORSA President,  and I know him to be a fair, reasonable and honest person.

I'm not a big By-Law reader, so I guess if this is true, there's no election required to fill the seat of a resigning director for the remainder of the term.   No matter to me, as I am no longer a member of CORSA.

Allen will be an asset, and he's not an advocate of the "Free Ride" for CORSA chapter members to refuse to pay dues to CORSA.

Even more interesting, I was told last night that Director Jack Pinard was "Fired" by CORSA President Mahler because his dues were 2 days late getting to M&P.

I've no idea if either was true, but as a non-member I've got no dog in the fight, and at the minimum you would think the BoD would announce on the website and on V V that we had a new director appointed and one apparently sacked.     From the Board, not even the chirp of a cricket.

If I was a dues paying member, I'd think our BoD was copying our Congress.  Back door decisions, tossing directors under the bus, directors quitting, directors being fired,

I sure would like some director to get their ass on here and tell me what I was told was a pack of lies, and offer some proof.  But I'm sure not hopeful that it will happen.    Instead I'll probably get cussed out and told what a bastard I am.

Let's see

HANK