<VV> Pink slip...

Secular rusecular at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 16:15:01 EST 2010

  Is there any precedence in dismissing someone from the Bo because they did not pay their dues?

  CORSA has been around for a number of decades, surely someone recalls another instance wherein
  a Bod member was given the pink slip because of non-payment...

  There's a vile practice in this board to label posts as "stirring up shi%..." followed by the VV president telling
  the poster that he's receiving oceans of complaints [off-list] about the former. A method which I hope
  would never get institutionalised in CORSA.

  Another colleague is venturing into the politics of freedom of speech, enlightening others as to who
  has a right to speak and who doesn't. The right belongs to all of us. Some refer to it as god given,
  others, call it basic/fundamental human rights.

  Even if someone is NOT a member of Corsa, they have the "right" to express their views and or criticism.

  Whether the Bod, listens or not is another topic which has little to do with the 30 something dollars me,
  you or others pay as a membership fee. It's not a freedom of speech fee. I maybe wrong.

  In short, a good idea or, for that matter an awful one, is not in the monopoly of members. All this aside,
  if the issue is simply non-payment, I'd sincerely like to offer the following:
    Dear Mr. Mahler:

    Recently you made an error in judgment by not filling up the position of the VP. You have since corrected
    and redressed that err. Jack, may have made a another mistake in letting the membership payment lapse.

    Could I offer to pay his dues and keep in his current position in the Bod or is his error, unlike yours,
    deemed unforgiveable?

  Regards,

  Tony Irani
  Charlotte, NC