<VV> Campfile all day long

tim mahler flat6vair at comcast.net
Thu Jan 7 21:32:36 EST 2010

This will be my only post on this topic. I replied in detail to the chapter
list -- to the only protest stated there.

1)  Stop insulting foreign nationals -- any of them. I am who I am, insult
me.
2) This is supposed to be a family list -- KEEP IT THAT WAY.  thanks.
3) this campfire needs to go to VV-Talk -- it is now gossip, finger pointing
and bullying.  Like James, I will simply hit MY delete key.
4) I sent the note to the chapter list where I thought it belonged. I wish
the person who keeps moving it to VV would please stop.
5) To all the monday morning quarterbacks -- Jason is accepting nominations
for the board -- if you want to play politics, run for the board.

The by-laws state the president appoints a director to fill a vacancy on the
board -- with board approval.  Did my job and appointed Allen Bristow which
the board approved.

Jack Pinard was a stickler for following the by-laws and procedures as HE
interpreted those by-laws.  The interpretation of the rest of the board --
NOT just me , as president,  was immaterial to Jack. So he protested and
declared all activity of the board illegal -- for the last 10 years,  this
includes the actions at the annual board meeting.   So Yes,  Jack and I did
not see eye to eye. HOWEVER, I was willing to move on and work on the many
projects before us -- but not the interpretation.  A majority of the board
was fine with the interpreation and rules set forth by past board and were
also ready to more to the next agenda item.

I, as president, did my job and followed the by-laws -- as I presume Jack
would have dictated that I should if it was me whose membership had lapse.
The by-laws are speicific on the membership of CORSA board members.  The
by-laws are silent on defining what the CORSA membership status is for
chapter officers.
I did not send, enforce, the rules eagerly and quickly -- or i would have
sent the note immediately.  Harry and Mike were NOT involved beyond being
asked after the fact to check the mail again (3 days after lapse) .  BTW:
The USPS is recognized as being very reliable - Jack even mentioned that in
one of his notes.
I gave Jack 30 days to save face by either objecting to the interpretion and
application of the by-laws or by requesting to be re-appointed to the board
which would put him in full compliance of the by-laws. The latter is
something I would have thought jack would have wanted to do -- be in
compliance with the by-laws.  Jack has been silent.  No member of the
current board has received any correspondence from Jack Pinard.  Silence can
only be interpretted as agreement to the decision.

One final note:  On the chapter list -- one person, i presume the person
hank refers to as a director, asked for my resignation because I did my job
above.  I know one other may agree. send a note to a director - NOT THIS
LIST - if you agree.  I have a job that I do enjoy, new projects are on the
horizon which should make them interesting.  The board is one place that
satisfies that statement, most days.  My paying job is another.  I can not
afford to quit my paying job, but if one member of the board asks me to step
down from being president and/or from the board, I will.  Life is short,  i
want to enjoy it.

tim mahler
president, CORSA