<VV> My Corvairs and My Corvair Hobby

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Jan 8 13:22:09 EST 2010

I am one of those persons, like almost everybody on this list, who owns
and enjoys Corvairs.  I have four of 'em right now.

I am also one of those persons, like fewer on this list, who
participates in and enjoys the "club business" aspect of the Corvair
hobby.  I am an officer of my local chapter and I have been a CORSA
officer in the past.

So I do not consider club business to be inappropriate for this list.

I do not think that heated debate of club issues necessarily reflects
poorly on CORSA and in fact the opposite may be true -- we are
passionate about our hobby.

But I will agree that the level of rancor has been high this past week.
To discuss club business, even significantly controversial business such
as this week's discussions of a director's removal from office, we must
remain civil, constructive, and respectful.  A number of us failed to do
so this week.

Here on VV, I think that it is easy to skip/delete/ignore posts that
address subjects not of interest to you -- I do it all the time.  So if
a particular topic isn't your thing, please just move on to the next post.

Just as the Corvair hobby has room for enthusiasts with Yenko Stingers
and enthusiasts with Rampsides, it has room for those who have no
interest in club business and those who do.

--Bob