<VV> Corvairs in the Winter

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Jan 8 22:52:54 EST 2010

Has anybody here on the list experienced the joys of winter driving in a Corvair

Only once for me!  Spent my life in Socal!

Winter of '05  north of Reno, NV.   25f  or less... car had been buried in 3-5 ft of snow for 3-4 weeks...

Dug it out and warmed it up...  drove 150 miles in 3 hours  to  it's new garage!

Roads were plowed..but icy....

 I had   insulated the heater ducts and added a second  " Hot Air Recirc hole" under the distributor.

  Drove with the drivers window  down 4-6"  as I smoke...

 Comfortable to Drive and ride in.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.verizon.net/nalllm