<VV> Corvair Air Conditioning

Arlette Carl arlettecarl at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 10 18:45:52 EST 2010

Hi Eveyone,

My question concerns our a factory air conditioned 1965 Monza convertible that we have converted  to right hand drive and are progressing through a ground up restoration to perhaps better than brand new condition. I want to retain this Corvair as close to original as possible and plan on using R12 gas. (I have my own stock of R12 gas which I purchased some years back).

One thing I am interested in doing, that is not original however, is installing an additional fan to increase the air flow over the Condenser. Being a 1965 model our Corvair’s Condenser sits flat across the top of the engine and I wondered if any one knows of a way in which to install an additional fan on a 1965 or earlier model Corvair A/C Condenser.

I have seen many photos of fans installed on 1966 and 1967 Corvair condensers but have not seen any photos of 1965 or earlier models.

It did occur to me that a fan might work if installed underneath the Condenser so that it sucks (pulls) air through the condenser and an advantage of this would be that the fan would be mostly hidden and out of sight.

Any views or advice would be much appreciated.

In closing I am finally putting my travel planning together to travel to the USA for the 2010 CORSA convention.

Regards and Happy New Year from down under in Australia

Carl L. Kelsen
CORSA and I think I am also an AIRVAIR member?