<VV> 66 LA production

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 11 12:11:05 EST 2010

All cars sold in California in '66, whether produced in LA or Willow Run,
with the exception of turbos and a/c cars. I don't know offhand what the
production for LA cars was, but all had an "L" for the 6th VIN digit
instead of a "W". It's too bad the engine's gone, as that would have
tell-tale signs on it if it was a smog engine, if nothing else than the
block code.

The only sure resource for tracking car history that I know of is the state
department of registration. There are other ways, tracking past owners,
etc. of course. Just ask Kent Sullivan about his efforts in tracking down
his '66 Canadian Corsa's history. It's a bit like tracking one's ancestery.
Not easy or simple, rather, lots of detective work..... and often dead ends.

-Mark

with the car. It is #326 off the LA line.

> Question #1, has anyone published a breakdown of how many cars came from
LA in 65-66?