<VV> Naming Corvairs

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Tue Jan 12 23:58:24 EST 2010

At 12:43 PM 1/12/2010, tkalp at cox.net wrote:
>I have had White Fang, Black Tooth (repainted now Gold Tooth), Son of
>Black Fang, White Fang Jr., Passion, Transfusion, Ed, Trixie, Cool
>Vanilla, Crimson, the Shark, ToroVair, EscoVair, and Deer Hunter (the
>car with name came from Ned Madsen). Even have a few without names . . .
>yet.

I still catch flak about my '60 4-door that my daughter, when she was
5, decided to refer to as:

"The rusty car without very many good smells".

Now, a month ago, when she and I stopped at a 7-11 on the way to
taking her to school (she missed the bus) someone in the store looked
out the window and said "Oh my, look at that old car out
there!"    "Holy cow, I've seen better stuff in junkyards."    She
stepped up and defended the '60...   "Hey, everything on it works and
it runs just fine."

...she surprised me, actually.

Maybe it's because I let her drive it (once) this Fall.  ;)   Come to
think of it, she's the only one other than myself to get behind the
wheel of the '60 since my brother drove it to one of the October Fall
Corvair Affairs in NC that used to be held at Modern Chevy in
Winston-Salem... think it was about 23 years ago.

tony..