<VV> head question?

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 14 11:20:41 EST 2010

I know the turbo heads do not have the ports for the vacuum balance equalization tube. The RH head also has the turbo oil drain pipe which would have to be plugged. The LH head has a vacuum fitting (for the turbo gauge) in place of the vacuum equalization tube. I would contact some of our "used" parts vendors if you do not want to deal with your existing heads. Jeff at California Corvairs, Jeff at Corvair Ranch, LS Corvair parts, Bob and Laura Corvair parts are just a few that come to mind. Out of curiousity, what is wrong with your heads? I know Ray Sedman (American Pi) is a master at Corvair cylinder head repair/rebuild.I'm sure there are others. Finding used heads ready to install is a long shot. Good luck.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado