<VV> "Crash Course"

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Mon Jan 18 14:15:29 EST 2010

Paul Ingrassia, a journalist well-respected on the Detroit beat,
interviewed me at great length last year for a book he is writing about
significant cars throughout the history of the American auto industry.
The working title is "Engines of Change" and of course the reason I was
interviewed had nothing to do with me but everything to do with the
Corvair, one of the cars his book will be highlighting.

In the meantime, his book about the bailouts and bankruptcies in Detroit
last year -- titled "Crash Course" -- was recently published by Random
House.  He has been doing book publicity -- including The Daily Show
with Jon Stewart last week.  A link is attached below.

"Crash Course" really covers the entire history of the US auto industry
because he believes the reader has to know the history to understand the
events of last year. The Corvair is part of the story.

I look forward to the publication of "Engines of Change," the book about
the cars that changed the culture, because the Corvair will be covered
in more detail than it is in "Crash Course."  But in the meantime, I am
reading "Crash Course."

You can watch the Daily Show segment by following the link below.  Note
how much Jon Stewart enjoyed Paul's answer to a question about the auto
bailout versus the bank bailout, when Paul replied, "Nobody wrote songs
about banks."

--Bob Marlow

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-12-2010/paul-ingrassia