<VV> Corvair Trike on Ebay -- humor?

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Mon Jan 18 15:14:56 EST 2010

And, how is the shift linkage going to work?  There's a Hurst-style shifter in the pan between the seat and the handlebars, but I can't see any linkage or cables going back to the transmission.  I started wondering how he solved the problem of getting the linkage past the engine when I noticed that the motor is installed backwards, vis a vis how it would normally go in a car.  The seller lists the trike as "not running".  Given the backward installation of the drive train, I have to wonder if ever has been running.  When he starts it up for the first time, do you think he's going to discover that he's got a 1-spd transmission with 4 different "reverse" gears?

Actually just a longer set of bars will do it!  You do not want to turn sharply in a Tryke!!  gg

  Dune buggy shops sell cable shifters for Mid engine VW  transaxle setups.

Corvair Engines  turn the wrong way   when in the REAR ..so in the middle it will have 4 forward gears..commonly done this way.

To me, the laughable part is " 50,000 miles"  when it obviously has never been completed!

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.verizon.net/nalllm