<VV> backing plate spacer

n2vzd at aol.com n2vzd at aol.com
Tue Jan 19 12:58:31 EST 2010

i THINK that spacer was only used on the later early  cast bearing  housing
cars (1964).  i had to make some for my FC's when i did the late  model
internals in early differential cases ...otherwise axles went into the  case
too far and caused all sorts of greif...like binding up etc. i dont  remember
(??) seeing them on stamped housing bearing cars.
if anyone is making a modern custom corvair up , i have just the steering
column for ya , 2005 gray caddy with heated wheel and intact air bag....it
has  become surplus now.
todays corvair project was to clean and paint the engine room in the 64
coupe. rustoleum satin black looks ok for my use.
regards, tim , all dirty now , colson