<VV> Modern Corvair - Was Nadir the ONLY reason ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Tue Jan 19 13:06:14 EST 2010

Yes, the air-cooled engine, not the rear-engine part, may have caused the
Corvair to go water-cooled in the 80s due to emissions being harder to
control from uneven cooling, etc, which is one the things that drove the
'Bug" to go that route.

Even if The Nadir had not come along, the Corvair may have been shelved
anyway for economic reasons.

The motivating factor that drove Corvair to evolve (devolve ?) into the
Camaro was the cost of production and return on investment.

What make a better car that no one (except of course the intellectually
elite) appreciates, and costs most to produce and sells for less, when you
can make Camaros (what the plural of "Camaro" anyway except "mass marketing"
?) ?

Cz