<VV> Falcon vs Corvair, was: Modern Corvair vs. mundane FWDs

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 19 13:40:35 EST 2010

The Falcon was the original throwaway car. What it did it did well, but it
still was a throwaway. One of that era's best beaters, as I put it. Even
the styling wasn't particularly memorable, about as bland and inoffensive
as the Edsel was reviled. They merely got old, and forgettable (if it
weren't for the fact they're a F**d). How many people who remember the
Falcon also remember the Valiant? (At least IT had an unforgettable
in-your-face styling.)

The Corvair (especially the LM) is THE definition of a classic design. The
EM was copied more times than we can count, while the LM is simply
timeless. They both are simply good-looking designs that have never gone
out of style (even if the EM is a little dated). And that, to me, defines
the term "classic".

-Mark