<VV> Early Question

Smitty Smith vairologist at verizon.net
Tue Jan 19 16:11:11 EST 2010

Smitty says; Thanks to all who tried to help.  I know guesses help sometimes but not this time as I and my friend who brought this up to me, are pretty savvy on engine offset, swing axle geometry etc.  I took a 63-64 axle and a 60-62 axle out of my stash and measured.  The overall length is the same.  The distance from the splined portion to the wheel face of the flange is the same.  The distance from the flange end of the bearing press boss to the wheel face of the flange is the same.  So axles are not in the equation.  Although I am sure I would hav noticed a major difference in dimension between Early early bearings and the Late early bearings (other than the hole through the middle), I have yet to verify that.