<VV> GM building a modern "Corvair" -(ain't gonna happen) &Ca.Ebay Kelmark

Mel Francis mfrancis at wi.rr.com
Tue Jan 19 18:50:44 EST 2010

Ahhh, but the '70s V8 Monza has enjoyed a great, long-lasting reputation
among our water-pumping Vega-Monza bretheren and
hot-rodders in general..

I've owned mine since it was new. Jacking the engine up two inches, to get
at the #1 plug behind the power steering isn't a big deal.
Chevy engineers made the front mounts really easy to undo, same size bolt as
the plug wrench. Unless you're putting on a lot of miles, they don't
need changing that often, anyway.

Added bigger brakes and 15" wheels and the car has always been a strong
runner on the freeway. I used to call it my
'narrow Camaro' and road-raced on Mulholland Drive with it in the old days,
just a year after my last run on that road
in my '65 Monza.

So these days, we're a two-Monza family, with a '65 and a '77!

Mel