<VV> Oh say can you see

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 20 15:05:25 EST 2010

That's not exactly correct. First off, convertables are exempt from
rollover standards. Second, few convertables have rollbars. Granted, some
do, and some even have pop-up roll bars. But roll-bars are strictly
optional. The Mustang doesn't have one, other Chrysler convertables don't,
the SSR didn't, etc.

No, there is really no good reason why there can't be a true hardtop.
Especially on a car with a roof like what the new Camaro has. That "C"
pillar's size practically qualifies for a rollbar all by itself.

-Mark

FWDs

> The reason NO car is a hardtop today is the roll over regulations imposed

> on the car industry by the US government. The convertibles have roll
bars,
> some  unobtrusive and others not so much. Have you seen a PT Cruiser
'vert?

> Ned
>
> In a message dated 1/19/2010 12:29:02 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> airvair at earthlink.net writes:
>
> I wonder  if they would do a "retro" Corvair the same way they did the new
> "retro"  Camaro. It's got a great modern "retro" revision of the '69
Camaro,