<VV> Corvair crank and cam timing

Clark Hartzel chartzel at comcast.net
Thu Jan 21 13:30:37 EST 2010

One of my DACC club members has never been able to get his engine
running right.  A number of us have tried different tune ups and nothing
has worked.
Another club member who needed the work changed the engine in the car
and kept the bad one.  We suspect the bad one has slipped a timing gear
or sheared a key or some other internal problem.
Since I have all the drawings of where keys and things should be I made
a sketch showing the relationships between all the timing parts.  This
won't work if you have a race cam but I listed a few stockers for
reference.  The sketch is filed in Fastvair under
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fastvair/photos/album/0/list?mode=tn