<VV> STP

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Jan 25 09:44:33 EST 2010

At 04:44 AM 1/25/2010, Rick Norris wrote:
>Well, my name is Richard and I have a blue car but, not GOOBER blue.
>Also NO STP, not even on the property!
>
>Rick

I have a blue car, but not goober blue.  I have a can of STP carb
cleaner on the premises but it's empty.    Interestingly enough, I
never used it.   The can leaked or something, went to grab it a while
back and it was just... empty.   Still had it's red snozzle tube
taped to the side of the can.    It was one of about 5 different
brands I bought a while back to see which worked best.

Interestingly enough, the cheapo black and yellow can from Auto Zone
worked great... while those big white cans from Advance did damned
near nothing, would hardly wash off oil much less gum and
varnish.  Berkebile Gumcutter kicks ass.  So does Gumout carb cleaner.

Still, hard to beat that house brand Auto Zone carb cleaner.

...no STP stuff other than the empty can...

Although once I did refill a steer gear box with STP oil treatment
and it worked ok.

tony..