<VV> Spare tire

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 27 11:27:31 EST 2010

The blow-up kind? I don't think they ever made them in a 13" size. And old
technology, good only for replacements on '70's pony and muscle cars that
came with them.

Today, most people seem to go with the "throwaway" mini-spare, common on
many cars today. I've seen them in a number of Corvairs, so there's got to
be a size comparable to fit. Maybe something off an '02-earlier Camaro?
Check the junkyards once you find a mating rim/bolt pattern.

I call them "throwaway" because that's what you do with them. When you get
your new car, you thow them away and get a REAL spare. LOL Seriously,
that's what I REALLY do with them.

-Mark

P.S. BTW the "engine cowl" on a Corvair is BEHIND the rear seat. And it's
called a rear (or engine) bulkhead. You must be thinking of the dash cowl.
(An example of why the right terminology is needed in order to be
understood.)

suit a late model with 13 inch 5 lug wheels?  Thought I might pick one up
locally and save some weight/space up front since I have A/C - which uses
up the engine cowl space.