<VV> New Carb Plating Service - ADV

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 27 16:49:07 EST 2010

I am writing to let everyone know that after many years of searching and dozens of disappointing trials (for appearance and cost) that I have finally found someone who can re-create the stock appearance of our Rochester carbs with their dichromate process at an affordable, reasonable price. I have had about a dozen people look at some NOS and the replated ones side by side and only a few could correctly guess which was which and be certain about it. It is uncanny how true to stock they are. I am sending off my first large batch to be replated next week and will be offering this service in the very near future on my rebuilds and as a separate service for the DIYers out there. The shade of the final product varies slightly based on the condition of the part and whether all the good stuff has been removed from over cleaning, but with as many as I have, is easy to get an exact match. Please keep this in mind if you are one of the many perfectionist in our group. Thanks for the space,
The Carbmeister