<VV> Unique fan belt keeper-oner

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Thu Jan 28 08:57:32 EST 2010

I've seen it happen!

Mike Stillwell and I were headed up to Summit Point. I had just gotten in
the car (that I'd just sold to him and which had not thrown a belt in years)
and he mentioned something about not even bothering to carry a spare belt.
The belt threw AND shredded itself before we even got out of the parking
lot! Instant Karma!

I don't think the car ever threw another belt for him.

So years later I'm in WI (in the same car mentioned above... repurchased
from Mike). I had just purchased on an old Corvair powered dune buggy and
had used my spare belt (which I always always carry) on it while I waited
for my Clarks order. First time since the previous incident I'd been without
a spare belt in the car... 10 miles from home... no cell phone with me....
bam! Thrown and shredded....

Bill