<VV> "64 Monza w/factory AC, anyone?

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Fri Jan 29 22:09:53 EST 2010

I am helping my friend, Dave, with a '64 Monza 2dr coupe he got.  He's not sure what to do with it. He wants to get an idea of what it might be worth;

then keep it?.....or sell it outright.  He tells me that all reasonable offers would be considered.  Here are the particulars:

1.  It's a fairly complete '64 Monza w/factory AC, 110/PG.  The engine is the correct RG code.

2.  The body is rough.  It has all the wheelwell trim.  The front seats are not Corvair.  However, the odometer shows 52,000 miles.

The rear brake drums, front and rear suspension, and internal engine components all appear to be original 52,000 mi. stuff.

3. The engine was completely disassembled, scrubbed as much as possible, deflashed, and inspected.  The bearings looked great.

It did have one broken piston ring, and a couple others were stuck to the piston.  These were remedied.  We tried to make do with what we had.

4.  The engine was re-sealed.

5.  The axle was drained, as was the trans.  The trans pan was removed and inspected.  It looked good in there. (Normal stuff)

6.  We plan on installing the motor/transaxle back in the car and starting it in the next day or so.

7.  The AC stuff appears to be all there.  But since the car was a mess when we got it, this is only an educated guess.

8.  The car is fixable, but......(my personal opinion is that if someone would have a good body, you'd be farther ahead to use it as a parts car

      and switch everything to it)
      Let me know. Thanks

cap'n hook-'63  ragtop/84/pg