<VV> Happy 4th!

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Jul 4 08:55:50 EDT 2010

Yesterday we drove the 67 Vair in our local 4th of July parade. Hurricane WV
is a very patriotic small town. The parade route was just over a mile and
took about 25 minutes at a slow walking pace. There was a nicely restored
old Triumph roadster and two restored farm tractors, one of which was an
Oliver. The other was a Deere. Recieved many comments on the car. Same for
Janets large sun bonnett hat!

After the parade we attended the monthly cruise in at the Quaker Steak and
Lube. Cold beer on a hot July Fourth week end among a bunch of friends and
classic cars was perfect!

The weather has been in the hot 90's and dry.Typical July here. Predicted to
be so all next week too, which is the week of the POCI or Pontiac Oakland
Club's International convention here in Charleston. Second time they have
held it here. I will be working it as a volunteer with the local club. Over
600 registered and a bunch from other countries.
Big open cruise in on the Boulevard in downtown Charleston on Tuesday night.
Ya'll come on down and join the fun! I'll have the purple Vair there.

Have a great Fourth of July and don't forget to thank a veteran for it.

Rick Norris
Vietnam 1966-67
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com