<VV> Max Mechanical + Initial Advance for a 110

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Jul 4 12:17:07 EDT 2010

Re: "...Chev's engine test report indicated 33 deg was optimum for a  stock
140 hp engine..."

Bob: with vacuum advance temporally removed and plugged, what would you say
 the maximum advance should be for a 110 with a .032 quench distance? I'm
presently running an initial of 18 btdc; runs well with minimal ping--lots
of  "zip" and strong idle, but often wondered if I'm loosing cruse efficiency
 by being too far advanced. Maybe I should keep the same initial  setting,
but bush the mechanical stop pin for less total  advance? Thanks.

Mike Mauro
67 Coupe, PG, AC, Safeguard, 327:1, forged + .040, 93-octane