<VV> Corvair stuff on eBay - Sellers fees tripled rom 3.5% to 9%

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sun Jul 4 15:47:54 EDT 2010

The fat lady at eBay, apparently as her last official act before leaving in
March to destroy California, "simplified the selling fees by raising them
from about 3.5% to an "easy" 9% (ostensibly because the math was too hard ?)
http://www.yourbuyersinn.com/CostOfFreeListings.jpg

Since eBay has, on average, doubled seller fees for the first 100 items
listed each month, many sellers list 100 low priced items that are not
effect by the price increase, or won't sell anyway.

They also list 100 obscure items that are less likely to sell, to "get past"
the high-fee listings, since it costs nothing to get them Out there just in
case someone wants it ?

The theory, I believe, is that eBay wants to become the world's largest
store, and doesn't care if it's full of junk, just to boost the numbers ?

Has anyone here listed more than 100 items (in the same month) and sold the
101st item, to check the fee that was paid.

Last Fall, eBay did this with "5 free listings" where I "saved" about $4 and
paid an additional $75 in fees that would have cost bout $20 if I had not
used a "free" listing.

I are upset too, and today I may do what those eBay sellers are doing :
Today I may list more than 100 (45 RPM) records , to see if the 101st sells,
and what fee they charge ?

According to an eBay rep, after 100 items, the fee will be 8.75% for the 1st
$25 and 3.5% up to $1000.
(See link to chart above)

You can NOT choose to pay for a listing (to get the old, reduced fee), you
MUST list 100 items before you get to this fee schedule, and pay the
"simplified" 9% on the entire selling price for the 1st 100 items.

I think this may possibly explain the plethora of "junk" listings on eBay ?

Charlie