<VV> VR Code .... Now VD

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 10:20:58 EDT 2010

Hi Gary,

The original VD engine would have had the FC rotators and  valves but who
knows what exists after all these years.

I imagine that if you have 102 HP heads on the engine in your  Rampside
without other mods, you probably have a knock under load.  This is  especially
the case if you carry any weight.  It would be even worse  if you have a car
transaxle in the truck.  Knocking is relatively easy to  hear in a van or
Greenbrier because you are enclosed with only the engine  cover between you
and the engine but knocking in a Rampside is difficult to hear  because you
would only hear it transmitted through the body.  With all the  surrounding
noise while driving, you might be beating your engine to death  without
knowing it.

More horsepower is fun to have but only if it comes in at  speeds where you
actually drive.

Doc

1960 Corvette, 1961 Rampside, 1962 Rampside, 1964 Spyder  coupe, 1965
Greenbrier, 1966 Canadian Corsa turbo coupe, 1967 Nova SS, 1968  Camaro ragtop

In a message dated 7/6/2010 6:18:19 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,