<VV> Update: Guy with Loewy Corvair with leaky gas tank

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 13:05:52 EDT 2010

Here's an update I received from the guy here in Jersey who now owns the
early Corvair that industrial designer, Raymond Loewy, customized for Mr.
Loewy's wife.  As you will recall, on the owner's behalf I sought advice  for
him regarding his leaky gas tank.  Thanks to all here who  responded.

~Bill Stanley

<Hi Bill,
Well, I spent today taking the tank out of the Corvair, (very hot work
today!).
The tank is shot ........... so much crud and rust I can't believe it
lasted as long as it did.
THANK YOU for all the contacts.
I'll be ordering the new tank shortly and then its back on my back in the
driveway to get it put back in.
I did break the "J" hook for the strap as one of the responses said  would
happen but everything else came out smoothly.
Looks like the RT break line was replaced at some time recently as it
appears to be newer and rust and corrosion free.
I'll let you know when the car is down off the jack stands and back on the
road.>