<VV> NO CORVAIR -- OFF TOPIC -- I think this group might be able to help

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 15:26:00 EDT 2010

In a message dated 7/6/2010 2:37:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
corvair at serenska.com writes:

The  bleachers
are designed to hold 20-25 people and a theoretical weight of  5,000 lbs.

Steven,

Glad it went well and I'm sure it was a great accomplishment.  But I  would
be a little concerned with the weight calculations.  When I divide  5,000
by 25 I get 200.  And a lot of "average Americans" are over 200  pounds now.
Now when we were all salivating over the new Corvairs in the  60s we
weren't that heavy, but today.............?

Thanks for sharing the plans as well.  I think I'll add some steel in  the
right places with the help of an engineer friend if I decide to build some
(our church may need some bleachers).

Thanks for sharing.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair