<VV> Cones

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 12:56:07 EDT 2010

In a message dated 7/7/2010 9:11:55 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
carmerjr at mindspring.com writes:

Once  again I will offer the option on cone usage that if we are to
buy our own  CORSA cones that we do as Seth as told me that California
SCCA uses  different colored cones to indicate the gates of the course
from the  "normal" barrier and warning cones. If different colored
cones are too  expensive then CORSA could spray paint gate cones and
accomplish a more  user friendly course for it's autocross
participants.

The simplest, most effective use of color that I have seen has been the
placement of Green cones in corner apex locations. Of course, it is only the
opinion of the course designer that this cone represents the corner apex,
but it  is just a guide after all. All cones still count the same anyway.  If
a  true "gate" is used, both sides could be color coded. You might need no
more than a dozen or so "special" cones, depending on the course layout.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose,  CA