<VV> LOOKING FOR CORVAIRS AND ROLLS ROYCES

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 9 04:52:51 EDT 2010

Hong Kong is beautiful. Saw quite a few Rolls's cruising around. Some were very new and elegant, some were obviously older, and even some were a bit rundown. It's like seeing Benz's in the US.  Haven't seen hardly any GM cars but see quite a few Toyotas, Nissans, Mitsubishis, Daihatsus, and believe it or not Fords. All are RHD and quite a few are Diesel (subsidies from the gov I have been told). Today we are in Sabah, Malaysia. We went this morning to the Sabah Museum and saw a few "antique" cars on display including Vauxhall, Audi, Austin, Ford, and a few others unfamiliar to me. These are all from the '50' and '60's. And of course all are RHD. Kota Kinabalu is a bit of a crazy city at least when it comes to the traffic and parking. We are not driving here (they also drive on the "wrong" side of the road) which allows us to do more sightseeing. Well it's now 5 in the afternoon Friday so I'll say goodbye for now. Next stop on Sunday: Singapore.
Timothy Shortle of Durango Colorado
Currently in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia